Meal Plan & Prep for 10/22-10/28

 What's on the Menu?

This week I am back to my stand-by method of prepping off of Sunday's dinner since we were home for a "big dinner" this week. This made for easy lunches based around leftovers throughout the week. During the week I chose quick-cooking recipes to have dinner on the table within twenty minutes most nights.

Breakfast

For Breakfast this week made a fall inspired baked oatmeal using this recipe as a base. To it I added two sliced apples, nutmeg, cloves, walnuts, and a sprinkle of maple sugar over the top. I halved this recipe to make four portions.

We also have protein granola bars and cereal available.

Lunches

Lunches are typically either dinner leftovers or a meal specifically prepped for lunches. 

This week I am using the leftovers from Sunday's "big" dinner of Mac & Cheese to prep four lunches: two Mac & Cheese with pulled pork, and two with steak. Additionally I put together one meal of pulled pork sandwiches using buns in the freezer that needed using. Days that I work from home I will put together lunches from other dinner leftovers.

For snacks, we have grape and blackberry cups.

On Thursday nights I often volunteer at a local teen center making dinner. I brought home some baked chicken, pasta, and salad that I was offered, I used this for Friday's lunches and part of Thursday's dinner.

Note, the left six containers are the Pyrex 3 cup dishes, they work great for lunches!

Prepped Lunches, "Planned Overs," & Baked Oatmeal

Dinners

Saturday: The remaining Pesto Chicken and Creamy Beef and Shells Leftovers

Sunday: Steak & Shrimp with Mac & Cheese and Green Beans

    Meal Prep: 2 lunches of Steak, Mac & Cheese, and Green Beans

                    2 lunches of BBQ Pork and Mac & Cheese

                    1 lunch of Pulled Pork Sandwiches

                    "Apple Crisp" Baked Oatmeal

                    Grapes & Blackberries  

Grapes & Blackberries

Monday: Lemon Chicken w/ Rice, Salad, Green Beans & Rolls

Lemon Chicken with Rice & Veg

Tuesday: Texas Roadhouse for Dinner

Wednesday: Leftover Shrimp & Steak w/ Rice & Salads & Rolls

Meal Prep: More Grapes & Blackberries for the rest of the week

Thursday: Lemon Chicken w/ Pasta & Broccoli

    Meal Prep: 2 Lunches of Chicken w/ Pasta & Broccoli or Salad

Friday: Not sure yet, possibly tacos or spaghetti?


Other Kitchen Happenings

This week I made enchilada sauce with the last of the garden tomatoes, sweet peppers, and hot peppers. I roasted all of these with some onion and garlic, and then blended with cumin, chili powder, salt, lemon juice, and a touch of hot sauce into a slightly-chunky yellow enchilada sauce (we had a mix of tomato and pepper colors). 

Seven Servings of Garden Enchilada Sauce!

Typically I would try to can something like this, but decided to freeze in two cup portions as I had already put all my canning equipment away. This will be a great addition to burritos, Mexican dishes, and enchiladas throughout the winter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why a Blog?

Currently Crafting... DMC "Roses" Cross-Stitch

Currently Crafting - DMC Roses Complete (mostly....)