Why a Blog?

So, why a blog? A few reasons really. Sit tight.

Probably the most obvious, especially if we've met in "real-life," is that I like talking about food - shopping, recipes, whose got the best deal, my favorite store (Market Basket if you were wondering), etc. Many friends have asked for tips on lowering their food budget, so I thought, why not put all those tips in one place? Plus, I'd like to capture ideas and recipes for myself in a fun curated manner.

Next - surprise surprise - I like reading food blogs. I follow a multitude of food bloggers who cover everything from baking, budget meals, canning/preserving, frugal living, and cooking for two. Over the years I've taken inspiration from these bloggers, tested their recipes, tried out their tips, and followed their lives and blogging journey. I feel that for a long time this has been a one-sided relationship, and that since I enjoy the content and effort others have put out their, maybe I should contribute my own in return.

Another creative outlet - since the closing of my college life, I realized that I've done very little creative writing. Most of the writing I do now is work related, procedure documents, flow diagrams, and other mundane utilitarian works. As a naturally creative person (been there, tried that, got the craft supplies to do it), I feel compelled to share and express my creativity with others, while also giving my own brain a place to curate, catalog, and explore. 

Sharing is caring. Knowledge is power. I thought about writing this down in a good old-fashioned notebook, but I knew my early-arthritis plagued hands would not appreciate such an approach. Plus, recipes, tips, and ideas are meant to be shared. Take what you need, and leave your own tips behind if you have them, it's all about giving each other a hands up.

And finally, for fun. A casual way to be creative, share content, and connect with others.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Great post! I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mallory! Great idea for a blog. What goes into your simple basic pizza crust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing a post about that today, stay tuned!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Currently Crafting... DMC "Roses" Cross-Stitch

Currently Crafting - DMC Roses Complete (mostly....)