Currently Crafting - DMC Roses Complete (mostly....)

 This past week I finished my DMC Roses Cross Stitch kit. I still need to iron the piece and frame it, likely in the hoop, which is probably my least favorite part of the process. I typically use felt to cover the back of the hoop, so I will need to pick some up the next time I'm out.


Overall I was super happy with this DMC kit, they provided plenty of floss to complete the project, which is not always the case.

After I completed the Roses kit, I was itching to start on something else. So I pulled out this Dimensions 'Meow' kit that I received as a gift last Christmas. This sweet cat cross stitch looks a lot like Grayson, and I might make a second with Ebisu's colors.

I have completed a few dimensions kits in the past, and I find they often run a bit short on the floss they provide, so I am trying to plan out my stitching to ensure I being efficient with each strand. Unfortunately you can see in the lower left section of the photo that the hoop has splintered slightly. Thankfully I have a stash off hoops that I can transfer the finished piece to if I cannot fix it with a light sanding.


We had quite a bit of snow/rain mix this past week, which meant lots of time to sit back and stitch. I am surprised how quickly this one has worked up so far. I spent quite a few hours on Sunday soaking up the sunlight with both cats on my lap stitching away. When working with large black sections, natural light is best.


Here is a picture from Dimension's website, so you can see what the completed kit will look like.

Ebisu also loves to help me work on projects. He knows that he is allowed to sit with me as long as he does not touch, which he is quite good about. I have a feeling he was feeling less than impressed here that I was not stitching his likeness.



Have you been working on any craft projects lately? Do you find that you gravitate towards one project at a time, or type of craft at a time, or do you like to have a mix of mediums to work with?

Comments

  1. Beautiful work!!! I find cross-stitching so relaxing. I'm just about finished with a long-term project and am looking forward to picking out a new one! I'm glad Ebisu sits nicely! My Piglet loves to sit on my lap while I stitch, but I have to be careful, since he thinks the moving thread means fun playtime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie - Thank you! I hope your project is going well - it's hard sometimes to finish one before moving to another I find, hence the unframed piece - oops... Piglet sounds so sweet (and I love the name!), lap cats are the sweetest.

      Delete
  2. Loving both projects.. but especially the kitty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope to do one in orange too, so that I have a portrait of both kitties to hang up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why a Blog?

Currently Crafting... DMC "Roses" Cross-Stitch