WEEK 2 Pantry Challenge Update
This past week I finished my DMC Roses Cross Stitch kit. I still need to iron the piece and frame it, likely in the hoop, which is probably my least favorite part of the process. I typically use felt to cover the back of the hoop, so I will need to pick some up the next time I'm out.
After I completed the Roses kit, I was itching to start on something else. So I pulled out this Dimensions 'Meow' kit that I received as a gift last Christmas. This sweet cat cross stitch looks a lot like Grayson, and I might make a second with Ebisu's colors.
I have completed a few dimensions kits in the past, and I find they often run a bit short on the floss they provide, so I am trying to plan out my stitching to ensure I being efficient with each strand. Unfortunately you can see in the lower left section of the photo that the hoop has splintered slightly. Thankfully I have a stash off hoops that I can transfer the finished piece to if I cannot fix it with a light sanding.
Beautiful work!!! I find cross-stitching so relaxing. I'm just about finished with a long-term project and am looking forward to picking out a new one! I'm glad Ebisu sits nicely! My Piglet loves to sit on my lap while I stitch, but I have to be careful, since he thinks the moving thread means fun playtime...
ReplyDeleteHi Stephanie - Thank you! I hope your project is going well - it's hard sometimes to finish one before moving to another I find, hence the unframed piece - oops... Piglet sounds so sweet (and I love the name!), lap cats are the sweetest.
DeleteLoving both projects.. but especially the kitty :-)
ReplyDeleteMe too! I hope to do one in orange too, so that I have a portrait of both kitties to hang up.
Delete