Plan & Prep | March 27th - April 2nd

Honestly, most of this week is devoted to eating green beans. I typically buy three or so pounds when they are on sale, but if you caught my last WWS & WWA (what we spent and what we ate), you'll know I purchased - ahem - seven pounds on sale last week! Thankfully they last a little while in the fridge.

I expect this week to be busy in the evenings, so things may get shifted around a bit this week. I am looking forward to trying out the recipe for smothered chicken (linked below) that I've had pinned for a while, I've got an open container of sour cream in the fridge, so I figured it was the perfect time to use it up! 

Meal Plan & Prep for the Last Week of March 2021

Meal Plan (Monday - Friday)

Breakfasts for the Week
  • Berry Overnight Oats
  • Toast w/ Peanut Butter
  • Bagel Egg & Ham Sandwich
Lunches for the Week
  • Korean Beef w/ Roasted Peppers
  • Leftover Mashed Potatoes & Cabbage w/ Hamburger or Sausage
  • Leftover Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, & Green Beans
  • Leftover Steak, Mac & Cheese, & Green Beans
Dinners for the Week 
  • Monday - Breaded Chicken w/ Green Beans, Carrots, and Rice
  • Tuesday - Chicken Nuggets & Kraft Mac & Cheese
  • Wednesday - Shepard's Pie & Green Beans
  • Thursday - Smothered Chicken w/ Rice & Green Beans
  • Friday - Pizza at a Local Brewery for Ben's Birthday
Snacks for the Week
  • Strawberries, Grapes, Goldfish, Cocoa Almonds
  • Also Available: carrots, popcorn, cheese sticks, nuts, pretzels, etc

Meal Prep for Breakfasts

Breakfast this week consisted of prepping a three jars of overnight oats. We've started adding chia seeds for extra protein and fiber. So far we haven't noticed much of a difference in taste or texture.

Meal Prep for Lunches

Work lunches this week were mostly leftovers from the weekend and other miscellaneous extras from the end of the previous week (I try not to let anything go for more than four days, sometimes five). I also plan to try a Korean Beef recipe if we end up needing it near the end of the week.

Ingredient Prep for Dinners

Dinners were a little derivation from our typical trend of Ingredient Prep or Planned Overs - I actually have a fresh dinner slated for every night this week. Probably not the best idea for a busier week, but I'm sure it will all work out.

Sunday night I did do some prepping: slicing orange bell peppers, trimming green beans, washing and dicing carrots, prepping the smothered chicken topping, and butterflying two large chicken breasts to be split between two separate dinners.

Over the weekend I also made chicken stock from the rotisserie chicken carcass, and made and froze four cups of pizza sauce.

Snack Prep

For snacks this week, I prepped the remainder of the strawberries from last week and made hummus from the chickpeas and roasted garlic that also were made last week. To go with the hummus I made up bags of bell pepper strips, carrots, and celery sticks. I also portioned out some cocoa almonds for pre-workout snacks after work, along with a cheese and crackers snack box for one day when I planned to be working late.

I hope you like the new format! What's on your menu for the week?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why a Blog?

Currently Crafting... DMC "Roses" Cross-Stitch

Currently Crafting - DMC Roses Complete (mostly....)